3D tank cdrom
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: 3D tank cdrom Author: Deleted_User_2478 PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:12 pm
    ----

Moderator Edit: Don't know what you're jumping for, Blabla, you're account has been suspended for posting a malicious link. Happy trails. NOTE...we've had two reports of apparent malicious activity associated with clicking this website.

Update, the same thing has been reported at Tanknet. This link attempted to upload trojans to people's systems...avoid it. I've deleted it altogether now and admins have suspended the poster's account.

#2: Re: 3D tank cdrom Author: Buq-Buq PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
    ----
Guys (and Gals, I suppose, potentially):

Just a quick warning about the above link — I think that you might want to treat it with the greatest care — and that those of you without virus-protection software might want to stay away from it completely. I'm not certain that it is entirely unsavory, but it certainly took me to places I didn't want to go. Another flag is that the initial poster has apparently signed up today.

I think it best to leave it quarantined, at least until someone can check it out and verify its benign nature.

Mark

#3: Re: 3D tank cdrom Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:52 pm
    ----
- Buq-Buq
Doug:

OK, its cool with me. I'm a little gun-shy of it at this point, however. I clicked on the link only, and had several unwanted windows pop up, one of which declared it was scanning my hard drive. I don't get that from any other site, especially after clicking only on a link. My browser supposedly blocks pop-up windows. Confused

I have to admit that the graphic is pretty cool looking (it looks like a see-through view of an M47 going from the ground up), and seems to be an awful lot of work to go through just to get some slow-witted tank nut to click on a link. There are probably far less labor-intensive methods of getting someone to blast someone's system . . .

Mark

Mark,
I didn't get that, but I have pretty good AV protection. However, I already had one report from the Moderator's Forum that seems to confirm your basis for suspicion....with that in mind, I'm going to take the link down...

#4: Re: 3D tank cdrom Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:00 pm
    ----
Link deleted, suspicions confimed at two websites where this link was posted. 'Nuff said. Thanks to Mark for the "Heads Up"! Wink

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

#5: Re: 3D tank cdrom Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:23 pm
    ----
poster suspended, we do not like people with this crap, pardon my french

fled

#6: Re: 3D tank cdrom Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:24 am
    ----
Thanks to all who do the right thing!

Sgt, Scouts out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board