Standard vs Deluxe FSX ?
-> Officer's Club

#1: Standard vs Deluxe FSX ? Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:37 pm
    ----
What do you miss out on by purchasing the Standard vs. Deluxe FSX?
They look the same to me on the shelf.

#2: Re: Standard vs Deluxe FSX ? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:17 am
    ----
Lots of extra mission content and some very cool planes (I think one of them is the Grumman Goose, which is probably the BEST of all planes included in my opinion, it's no slouch) as well as the Software Development Kit (SDK) which has lots of utilities to create objects, missions, scenery, etc etc etc (but takes a lotta reading and time).

If they're close in price I'd get Deluxe and be done with it...well frankly I think the Accelleration add-on package is well worth it too for the extra features (even more missions, plus sling loads for helis and landable moving carriers and a beechin'F-18 plus Reno Air Racing).

The mission stuff is really what makes FSX stand out in my opinion becuase of all the off-the-wall scenarios and surprises it offers. It ranges from lame-easy-relaxed to pretty slick and cool.

This is of course assuming your hardware runs FSX well so if there's any doubt I believe they still have the free downloadable demo which is a good way to test before spending your money.

Found some details here...
www.simw.com/index.cfm...s&pid=1670

#3: Re: Standard vs Deluxe FSX ? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:02 am
    ----
get the deluxe version, as Stoopy said all the extra stuff is worth the few bucks more

fled
Cool

#4: Re: Standard vs Deluxe FSX ? Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:08 pm
    ----
-S-

The box says that the deluxe version has greater detail on the airpots..plus the other features..spend the extra $20.00...you may regret not getting it later and have to buy the game again..why buy it twice..?

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#5: Re: Standard vs Deluxe FSX ? Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:17 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

This is of course assuming your hardware runs FSX well...

It better after all the money I paid for it....
Mad

-> Officer's Club