HUGE collection of M113 variants in Vietnam
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: HUGE collection of M113 variants in Vietnam Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:53 pm
    ----
Biggest I've ever seen. 496 pics of U.S. M113's on one page alone. Separate pages for Aussie vehicles, M106's, M577's, other. Enormous album of excellent photos.

Main album below, features Vietnam and other parts of the world and other conflicts. Sub-albums contained therein....

Edit:

Taken the links down now that I see just how many person's copyrights have been violated, including mine, Roy Lingle's, and Roger Justison's, (as well as other 11th Cav veteran's).

A written complaint to Google will be filed.

Last edited by Doug_Kibbey on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: HUGE collection of M113 variants in Vietnam Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:59 pm
    ----
I never get tired of seeing those. One of my very first Tamiya kits was the M113.

Pretty cool.

#3: Re: HUGE collection of M113 variants in Vietnam Author: sapper141 PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:04 pm
    ----
Hi Doug
I just found that site myself, it's to bad he didn't state where he got the material from or made a disclaimer about it. He does seem to have found some unique pictures of the M113 MLVB and some other buckets.
It looks like he has put together a database of material that he uses for model building. I've been doing the same thing for a number of years on a data base at my work bench. I've wanted to do the same with all the material I've gathered on the V100 so other builders could use the references as well, but I haven't kept track of where or who the stuff is from either. So I guess it will just have to stay my little treasure trove .
Seeya Shane

#4: Re: HUGE collection of M113 variants in Vietnam Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:26 pm
    ----
- sapper141
Hi Doug
I just found that site myself, it's to bad he didn't state where he got the material from or made a disclaimer about it. He does seem to have found some unique pictures of the M113 MLVB and some other buckets.
It looks like he has put together a database of material that he uses for model building. I've been doing the same thing for a number of years on a data base at my work bench. I've wanted to do the same with all the material I've gathered on the V100 so other builders could use the references as well, but I haven't kept track of where or who the stuff is from either. So I guess it will just have to stay my little treasure trove .
Seeya Shane

Hi Shane...

Treasure troves are one thing...we all have them...posting them wholesale and in bulk on the internet without any credits (or asking permission, which honorable people routinely do) when the copyrights are explicitly stated are another. We've all seen exceptions to this...

For the record, John Conway (webmaster at VHPAMuseum) and I have never denied permission to anyone who has ever asked in advance for use of a picture for anything that sounded like a remotely legitimate cause that I can recall. The most recent one was from a high school history project...

#5: Re: HUGE collection of M113 variants in Vietnam Author: Russ_Buchan PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:38 pm
    ----
Hi, Doug:
Last week our base took delivery of two M113s to be made into vismods of some sort. I shall try to keep abreast of what we're gonna do with them, and if it's interesting, I shall keep you posted.
Russ

#6: Re: HUGE collection of M113 variants in Vietnam Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:29 pm
    ----
- Russ_Buchan
Hi, Doug:
Last week our base took delivery of two M113s to be made into vismods of some sort. I shall try to keep abreast of what we're gonna do with them, and if it's interesting, I shall keep you posted.
Russ

Hi Russ,
I'll anxiously await word of of that! Right now, I'm "grounded" trying to get to Helsinki and points south due to weather in the Northeast U.S. and rerouting...be gone for a week or so...then back for only a couple of days in early March before I'm off points south of the border with Agente Laranja. I'll have about 10 days here after that before heading 'cross the Pacific so if I'm sluggish about returning messages, you'll know why... Wink

Good to see you comin' around again!

#7: Re: HUGE collection of M113 variants in Vietnam Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:11 pm
    ----
Hi Russ! Hi Folks!

- Russ_Buchan

Hi, Doug:
Russ

Doug is not the only one who is very interested in news about our old ride!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board