UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:56 pm
    ----
PATTON MUSEUM OF ARMOR
HOME OF THE U.S.ARMY ARMOR SCHOOL
FT.KNOX, KY.

MEMORIAL DAY DEMO / LIFE OF THE SOLDIER
MAY 24TH AND MAY 25TH 2008

THE PATTON MUSEUM VOLUNTEERS IN COOPERATION WITH THE PATTON MUSEUM WILL HOLD TWO FULL DAYS OF STATIC DEMOS / DISPLAYS. ANY AND ALL PROPS MAY BE USED FOR THE PERIOD CAMP YOU WILL BE PORTRAYING.

ABSOLUTELY NO AMMO OF ANY KIND TO BE ALLOWED ON POST FOR THIS EVENT.

LIFE OF THE SOLDIER TIME LINE OF ALL U.S. PERIODS TO BE INVITED.

OPEN TO ALL U.S. UNITS, ANY PERIOD, ANY TIMELINE WITH
OPPOSING FORCES TO BE INVITED.

PRE-REGISTER OF EACH INDIVIDUAL WILL BE REQUIRED, WITH A DESCRIPTION OF ALL PROPS, VEHICLES, ETC. TO BE BROUGHT ONTO BASE.

VENDORS WILL BE ALLOWED ON BASE WITH PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY, FOR THIS TWO DAY EVENT.

SET UP FOR ALL BEGINS FRI. THE 23RD AT NOON. ENTER THROUGH BRANDENBURG GATE ONLY OFF U.S.HWY. 31W NORTH OF FT. KNOX, KY BASE.

PLEASE VISIT www.LIFEOFTHESOLDIER.com

FOR REGISTERATION AND MORE INFORMATION
SITE WILL BE UPDATED AS WE GET CLOSER TO THE EVENT
QUESTIONS TO '[email protected]'

#2: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:56 pm
    ----
The following vehicles have been requested from the museum for use during this event, but shouldn't be a problem.

WWII
M3 halftrack
Demag German halftrack
PAK 40 antitank gun

KOREAN WAR
WC-51
57mm antitank gun

VIETNAM WAR
Ontos
M151A1

Plus anything that others may bring.

#3: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:17 pm
    ----
Was the 57mm AT gun still used in the Korean War? I was under the impression that it was pretty well disposed of right after WWII

#4: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: RichardIsner PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:44 am
    ----
Hmmm,

I was hoping for a Summer event...i.e. Memorial Day....that featured
running vehicles. Will any vehicles be running at this, or any other event during the year? And if I were to come as a vendor of videos, would there be access to ac power to runn video players?

Richard Isner

#5: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:56 am
    ----
- bsmart
Was the 57mm AT gun still used in the Korean War? I was under the impression that it was pretty well disposed of right after WWII

It was probably used only by South Korean forces.

www.trumanlibrary.org/...7_7415.htm

Maybe there is evidence of it being used by U.S. forces in Korea.

#6: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:03 am
    ----
- RichardIsner
Hmmm,

I was hoping for a Summer event...i.e. Memorial Day....that featured
running vehicles. Will any vehicles be running at this, or any other event during the year? And if I were to come as a vendor of videos, would there be access to ac power to runn video players?

Richard Isner

Well, the vehicles are runners but they won't be running except to load/unload off HETTs. We (the volunteers) were bummed too, but it is the best we can do under present CMH directives.

E-mail Syd Stansbury at porschesyd @ yahoo.com He can answer your questions about vendor booths.

#7: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:00 pm
    ----
We're looking for a few good men. Part of the Life of the Soldier event is a timeline that shows Army soldiers through the ages. While we have representatives for World War II, Vietnam, Desert Storm and OIF, we need people in their own uniforms for the following time periods:

Revolutionary War
War of 1812
Mexican American War
Civil War
Indian Wars
Spanish American War
World War I
Korean War

If you have a uniform and equipment for any of these periods and are willing to model them in the timeline and generally converse with the public for two days, please e-mail Syd Stansbury at porschesyd @ yahoo.com

Although there is no renumeration, free meal or anything for that matter, on Saturday evening, participants will get a special tour of the Patton Museum where you will be able to get on and in many of the vehicles in the museum. So, if you want to get some up close walk arounds or interior photos, this would be your chance.

#8: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:34 am
    ----
I thought I would move this up.........its this weekend

#9: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:58 am
    ----
As of now, the following will be at LOTS.

Five militaria vendors

Displays
U.S. chaplain impression plus possible field service on Sunday.
German "DRK" [Red Cross] impression
U.S. Philippines 1910 era impression

Vehicles
1910 Harley
1938 BMW R71 w/sidecar
1952 M38 A1 Jeep
1944 WC-62
Schwimmwagen
German World War I horse and equipment
Kettenkrad
1943 GPW Ford
1/1 scale repro Panther turret
Plus Patton Museum and U.S. Army vehicles on display.

There is also a large selection of weapons that will be on display, such as an MP40, 98k, P38, Lugars, Garrands, carbines, 1903 Springfield, .58 cal. rifle, 1912 saber, 1917 Colt revolver, 1896 Krag, 1915 Vickers MG, M12 military shotgun, a U.S. repro bazooka, a U.S. repro 60mm mortar, a 12 pdr Napoleon cannon and the usual selection of M1919s, MG34s and MG42s.

#10: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:19 pm
    ----
LOTS? Gary, what is lots?

#11: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:27 pm
    ----
Life Of The Soldier

#12: Re: UPDATED NEWS!! Patton Museum Summer Program Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:43 pm
    ----
thank you

-> AFV News Discussion Board