Panzer salvage in Bulgaria
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Panzer salvage in Bulgaria Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 pm
    ----
I think there is no inside to restore because all internal parts have been removed when the tank was placed

So repainting a empty hull can be done in a month

Michel

#32: Re: Panzer salvage in Bulgaria Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:05 am
    ----
Wehrmacht awards forum

Someone working with this restoration has posted new pics.

looks like the Pzr IV register needs an update soon

#33: Re: Panzer salvage in Bulgaria Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:48 am
    ----
They're looking pretty good. Anyone know where they'll be displayed and what's happening to the less well preserved ones?
I assume that the JpIV that vanished to Germany? hasn't been recovered.

#34: Re: Panzer salvage in Bulgaria Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:55 am
    ----
The Jagdpanzer IV is being renovated too :

www.scalemodels-bg.com...start=1095

#35: Re: Panzer salvage in Bulgaria Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:43 pm
    ----
That is another JPIV, an L/48. The stolen one is an L/70.
www.expatica.com/de/ne...01366.html
www.telegraph.co.uk/ne...e-run.html
According to this article, the stolen JP's location is still unknown.

#36: Re: Panzer salvage in Bulgaria Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:36 pm
    ----
Hello,

I updated Panzer IV, Panzer IV variants and StuG III survivors PDF file.
It seems that 2 different Panzer IVs are being cosmetically restored.

I think that all the other recovered wrecks are being used as "organ donors". It seems like the restoration team takes some doors, hinges, accessories from less preserved vehicles to put them on the vehicles that are being restored.

I think that the less well preserved tanks will not be sold before the end of the restoration of these 4 vehicles.

P-O

#37: Re: Panzer salvage in Bulgaria Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:43 am
    ----
New museum soon will be opened - Museum of battle glory in Yambol.
www.radio999bg.com/?id=6231
www.scalemodels-bg.com...start=1230
It will have some of recovered vehicles.

-> AFV News Discussion Board