Hey Dontos, Ontos photos
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:31 pm
    ----
Dontos,
Check out this link, several Ontos photos

Mike Haines

stores.ebay.com/Deacon-Sales

#2: Re: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:46 pm
    ----
"HYDRA TANK" WTF? Shocked

#3: Re: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: recon4ww2Location: western Ohio PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:13 am
    ----
"HYDRA TANK" WTF? My thoughts exactly

Mike

#4: Re: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:30 am
    ----
"HYDRA TANK" WTH??

I get a kick out of these ebayers selling photos with the wrong title. I saw one, it read Blown Up Tiger Tank ....

... and it was a Panther!! Laughing

#5: Re: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:07 am
    ----
I was almost tempted to question where such a title came from, but was affraid I might get references to 'Sparkie' but then it isn't refered as a 'tankette' so Sparkie isn't the source.

Oldly enough it is perhaps a civilian press photo, that was developed by a lab with no associated notes from photographer and with no clue, the lab guy or editor made some stuff up, that MAY HAVE IN FACT sounded pretty good. ( ...to the ignorant public....)

"hmmmm, lets see, its a tank in the water ,.....I KNOW, ITS A 'HYDRA-TANK!!!" Rolling Eyes

NEAT STUFF, new to me, so a big THANK YOU, for the heads up,....

Don

#6: Re: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:16 pm
    ----
Hydra may have been the tanks nickname at one time. In ancient Greek mythology, a demon with mutiple heads.

#7: Re: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:50 pm
    ----
- Dennis_Smith
Hydra may have been the tanks nickname at one time. In ancient Greek mythology, a demon with mutiple heads.

Yup, like the HYDRA 2.75" Rocket.

Dontos, Maybe the Ontos was once named the "Hydra Gavin 2". Mr. Green

#8: Re: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:10 pm
    ----
"Hydra Gavin 2" Evil or Very Mad Shocked

OOH that is so wrong!

#9: Re: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:20 am
    ----
HEY NOW!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Hydra and Gavin were never, are not now, and / or WILL NEVER BE names given to the Ontos. With that said, and leaving no room for doubt,.....

#10: Re: Hey Dontos, Ontos photos Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:26 pm
    ----
Hi Dontos!

Mongoose? I like that one, I think it would have made a great name for what became the M50.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board