Video newbie
-> Software

#1: Video newbie Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:44 pm
    ----
-S-

Anyone know what type of files are used to edit and/or upload video clips, like the killer rabbit from the Holy Grail movie that I linked the other day from the web..? If there is freeware available to do this. I know nothing about video encoding and am interested in making funny clips from my DVD movie collection. A good example of this would be the Steve Martin movie " Dead Men Dont Wear Plaid ", if you like comedy..this is a good one..lol..How about editing software..? I have read that the new Pinnacle software is good. Anyone tried it..? My experience sofar has been with DVD shrink to watch movies off my hard drive. It converts a DVD to VOB files and opens them with Power DVD, this is new to me. The problem is that a movie will be broken down into 1,040,574 KB blocks and I have tried to join the files, with Ulead VideoStudio 8 SE, to make a seemless movie with no success. I could spend a long time on the web researching this but if someone has any experience it would help...

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#2: Re: Video newbie Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:32 pm
    ----
I have the Pinnacle 10 Studio software, it's OK for recording stuff from a vid camera etc but for video post processing I prefer Sony Vegas, bit of a learning curve but can do a hell of a lot with it.

#3: Re: Video newbie Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:42 pm
    ----
not sure if you can do what you're thinking of with it but, Windows Movie Maker.
I've used it to edit and join movie files.
I have it bundled in with Vista.
Think it came with XP as well.

#4: Re: Video newbie Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:21 pm
    ----
-S-

I have tried the windows movie maker with some success on camera videos but it will not read the other file types I have tried..been spending too much time as a game junkie...lol..guess i need to find a good video ripper to convert the formats.

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#5: Re: Video newbie Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:53 pm
    ----
might want to take a look here

tv.isg.si/site/?q=node/873

might be of some help

and also here

www.snapfiles.com/Free...nvert.html

Piney

#6: Re: Video newbie Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:07 am
    ----
Hammer this might help you out for editing avi files:

www.virtualdub.org/index

I also have a proggy somewhere on this puter call AllTo AVI......hmmm here it is!!:

sourceforge.net/projec...tform=3415

You can click the tabs at top to read all the info.

Lots of info to take in so Good Luck! Oh Yea all free Mr. Green !

#7: Re: Video newbie Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:34 pm
    ----
Well did any of this help?

-> Software