APG Elefant moved
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: APG Elefant moved Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:40 pm
    ----
www.network54.com/Foru...t+restored

#2: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:08 am
    ----
wow, they DID it.. well, I was not hoping it to be repainted before a while. Really nice to see that.

P-O

#3: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:02 pm
    ----
Hi,

On the website with the pictures there is the following text:

"There are good photos of the interior in the OOP Darlington Museum Ordinance book on the APG Elefant. Unfortunately, that book also let to deterioration of the tank insides, as all the hatches and engine covers were removed for the photographs, then just left open or laying next to the tank for more months."

It would be very interesting to see the inside, especially the engines.
Does somebody own this book?

Regards,
Wim.

#4: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:11 pm
    ----
"There are good photos of the interior in the OOP Darlington Museum Ordinance book on the APG Elefant. Unfortunately, that book also let to deterioration of the tank insides, as all the hatches and engine covers were removed for the photographs, then just left open or laying next to the tank for more months."

Isn't anyone in charge at Aberdeen?? Why would the hatches and covers be left off for months?? If this is the case....BTW Thanks very much for the photos.....

#5: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:02 pm
    ----
Some of that (leaving hatches open) goes back years ago. I talked to Ed Heasley at the Museum on Thursday and he told me the Elefant was 'coming out of the Refurb shop' in the next day or so but I figured it would be down at the shop for a while I'll check on it on the 7th when I'm up there for the High School trip

#6: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:28 pm
    ----
I should also add what a great job those guys are doing in restoring the vehicles that have been done so far......thanks

#7: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:35 pm
    ----
Some interior views from '07 (I think it was....Bob?)

www.com-central.net/in...ht=elefant

#8: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:26 am
    ----
yeah it was august 07, I couldn't make that trip Sad

Piney

#9: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:28 am
    ----
www.amazon.com/Elefant...08&sr=8-10

I think, better to wait new book from Panzer Tracts series. They already release Panzer Tracts 9-3 about Jagdpanther, Ferdinand/Elefant from this series.

#10: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: WimD.Location: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:09 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
Some interior views from '07 (I think it was....Bob?)

www.com-central.net/in...ht=elefant

Thank you, I know these pictures.
I want to see the engines and transmission.

Regards,
Wim.

#11: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:30 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

The M4A2 Firefly (not a true Firefly) has also been repainted with Canadian markings.
Check the Allies DG on Missing Lynx for a pair of pictures.

Spot Report!
Sgt, Scouts out!

#12: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:24 pm
    ----
Well,

even if it is only cosmetic restoration and not complete refurbishment, even if the AFVs interiors are not restored or treated to prevent rust..

The Ordnance museum team do a really nice job. I really like to see the tanks repainted, even if this is only a cosmetical restoration. It's nice to see paint jobs like these ones;

Pierre-Olivier

#13: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:04 pm
    ----
Elefant 102 64 years ago Wink
As you can see, he also have zimmerit.

#14: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: vmmv1Location: virginia PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:55 pm
    ----
The Elephant was done for the TV show, tank overhaul. they are in the process of doing next season.

#15: Re: APG Elefant moved Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:31 pm
    ----
Another shot of Elefant, short after WW2. As i can see, he is already repainted, some zimmerit details missed. Also check Tiger II (now in Patton Museum) - he also have zimmerit.

-> AFV News Discussion Board