Power issues.
-> Hardware

#1: Power issues. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:47 pm
    ----
Twice over the last couple of months I've tried to power up my gaming rig with the button on the case and get nothing. The fix that so far has worked is to turn off the power supply switch on the back and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, then switch the power supply switch back on and use the case button on the front and it will start. Wondering if this isn't re-setting something in the PSU or is the PSU getting ready to go.

Just wondering if someone else has had this problem as I'm not exactly sure why it's happening. It's only happened twice over the last few months and maybe (at least this last time) after a household power failure.

The PSU has a lifetime warranty so if I have to I guess I can exchange it.

#2: Re: Power issues. Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:01 pm
    ----
That happend to me last fall. I thought it was the MB but it was the PS. It did that to me 4 or 5 times and then it just would'nt power up no more.

Picked up a new shiny coolermaster 600 watt and no problems since.
Is your PS an Antec?

#3: Re: Power issues. Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:36 pm
    ----
It's a BFG. Good thing I went on their site and registered it after buying. If it is the same problem you experienced then it looks like I'll be replacing it. Smile

#4: Re: Power issues. Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:43 pm
    ----
replace the power supply PRONTO before it smokes your rig...

-> Hardware