Somebody........
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Somebody........ Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:47 pm
    ----
....say something! Twisted Evil It's too quiet Evil or Very Mad

#2: Re: Somebody........ Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:28 pm
    ----
yes it is too quiet, I also noticed it and I think it's really worrying.

Pierre-Olivier

#3: Re: Somebody........ Author: jcneelLocation: Victoria, Texas PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:55 pm
    ----
Ok - here's something I found kind of interesting. On the website from our local newspaper there was an article about the gas prices and the types of vehicles that people drive here in Victoria, Texas (a town of about 65,000 or so). One thing that they noted was that there are "58 armored vehicles"???

cn

From the article:

Victoria County has 88,838 registered vehicles. The highlights include:

60 Hummers, 59 Jaguars, 58 armored vehicles, 186 buses, 2,433 boats and only 12 registered golf carts

10 limousines, 254 motor homes, 35 wreckers and 277 station wagons

44 garbage trucks, 35 fire trucks, 222 dump trucks and 1,343 camping trailers

#4: Re: Somebody........ Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:10 pm
    ----
Speaking of Texas, why does a barrel of Texas oil cost the same as a barrel of Saudi oil?

#5: Re: Somebody........ Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:47 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
yes it is too quiet, I also noticed it and I think it's really worrying.

Pierre-Olivier

New exhibit for your collection Mr. Green

#6: Re: Somebody........ Author: elauterbach PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:06 pm
    ----
Texas Oil cost the same because it is a commodity. In essence, there is no reason to pay more or less for oil from Texas than there is from the Middle East. Hopefully the dollar will become stronger in the near future so that the price of oil will drop, but don't count on it any time soon as the Fed cut rates again.
Eric

#7: Re: Somebody........ Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:44 am
    ----
Commodity, that's the key word,

If demand goes down, prices go down, for as high as gas prices are, we still have unemployed folks cruising here in their SUV's and other behemoths as usual. I hope it get's so high that the only time folks want to drive is if it's a neccesity. Tired of all the BS on CNN etc of poor, poor Americans having to pawn their family heirlooms to pay for gas or food. Too many have been living way beyond their means with easy credit and now the chickens have come home to roost. Used to be folks here would work the end rows chopping cotton in the fields just to put food on the table and no one was handing out money to them (Family History). Now they bring in migrants to do the dirty work and they are happy to have a job no one else will do.

Armor content, I joined the Army (Tanker) because I was hungry and too proud to go home, made a career of it and did not fritter away my money. A lot of people need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.

Sorry, but my last few months have made me less tolerant.

Joe D

#8: Re: Somebody........ Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:31 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Commodity, that's the key word,

If demand goes down, prices go down, for as high as gas prices are, we still have unemployed folks cruising here in their SUV's and other behemoths as usual. I hope it get's so high that the only time folks want to drive is if it's a neccesity. Tired of all the BS on CNN etc of poor, poor Americans having to pawn their family heirlooms to pay for gas or food. Too many have been living way beyond their means with easy credit and now the chickens have come home to roost. Used to be folks here would work the end rows chopping cotton in the fields just to put food on the table and no one was handing out money to them (Family History). Now they bring in migrants to do the dirty work and they are happy to have a job no one else will do.

Armor content, I joined the Army (Tanker) because I was hungry and too proud to go home, made a career of it and did not fritter away my money. A lot of people need to grow up and take responsibility for their actions.

Sorry, but my last few months have made me less tolerant.

Joe D

HA HA HA.....You tell 'em Joe.... Laughing Cool

I love it! Besides, its all 'hate politics' anyway!! Evil or Very Mad

Don't like fuel prices?? WALK M.F. !!! Twisted Evil

Respectfully Cool Shocked
(Exxon stock holder...!!!)

#9: Re: Somebody........ Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:06 am
    ----
What is the price for a gallon fuel at the moment in the USA? Two years ago i was in St Louis, MO for a course and the fuel prices were low compared to Dutch prices.

At the moment it is here around the 1.50 Euro for a liter.

Glad to see everybody is still here.

Regards
Lesley

#10: Re: Somebody........ Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:59 am
    ----
- L.Delsing
What is the price for a gallon fuel at the moment in the USA? Two years ago i was in St Louis, MO for a course and the fuel prices were low compared to Dutch prices.

At the moment it is here around the 1.50 Euro for a liter.

Glad to see everybody is still here.

Regards
Lesley

Its $3.54 per Gallon here in the Ft Knox area.

Relatively speaking, Americans pay less for gas than Europeans, however level of usage is off the scale here in the U.S.

Somewhere, Someone made a decision that driving and ownership of a motor vehicle was some sort of God given right Shocked (opps sorry can't evoke religious overtones,....LIBERALS Rolling Eyes ...HA....ahhh) or perhaps some sort of birth right Rolling Eyes . Of course it is not, but our society revolves around freedom of movement.

Basically, We are a spoiled, pampered society......

I'll unkey the net, going into Radio Listening Silence

PS: Here is a link to my latest attempt at artistic license posted on You Tube. Several more are in the works.... Rolling Eyes

Sgt MacKenzie (You Tube Video)

Don

#11: Re: Somebody........ Author: Russ_Buchan PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:45 pm
    ----
Dontos:

Four dollars and nine cents a gallon here in San Pedro, CA.

My 72-mile one-way commute north to Naval Air Weapons Station Point Mugu takes quite a bite out of my disposable income, as well as my rest.

On Wednesday, I woke up at 0530hrs, and stretched as I awoke. My hand hit the steering wheel, and I realized I was going sixty-five MPH northbound on Pacific Coast Highway north of Malibu, with the sheer Santa Monica Mountains crowding me eight feet away on my right, and the hissing Pacific blowing salt spray over the highway a lane-and-a-half away on my left.

I'd been on the road an hour, and my passenger, Otis, the explosives driver for Supply Det., was also fast asleep. I decided not to tell him I had been dozing for goodness knows how long.

I gotta retire, man!

Russ

-> AFV News Discussion Board