Hoplist ??
-> Officer's Club

#1: Hoplist ?? Author: Uhu_DutchmanLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:29 pm
    ----
Confused

Something I saw on CC.They opened a TeamSpeak-channel for Hoplist flyers. But it seems there will be no new hoplist??

Talking to Stoopy and others, I'm not always allowed or free to join the group-flights ( yes, I have to listen to my mistress too :-)). That's why I loved to fly the hoplists, but......... it seems to be ended. I don't know the reason, it might be Rocket Aviation Mr. Green .
In fact I have to be honest, I used to fly the sunday-flights for more than 2 years, and I always had fun, but it's not really a challenge, flying legs of more than 250 miles on autopilot etc is a bit boring, sorry to say this. I would like to have more landings during the flight, I would like to use more different planes, I would like to have more challenges etc etc.
Shocked
Again, sorry for being honest

Leo

#2: Re: Hoplist ?? Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:46 pm
    ----
No reason not to be honest, Leo. Razz

But I would like you to come back to the Sunday Flights because it's not just the flying, it's also nice to talk to many different people from all over this planet (well, almost all over) and do this besides flying around. This adds to the fun of flying together and not alone.

Regards

#3: Re: Hoplist ?? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:08 am
    ----
Dutch, thanks for bringing it up and to be frank, I thought this would come up sooner or later since I am very much delinquent in my role of getting the hoplist updated, and also getting the Screenshot Contest writeups in.

Quite coincidentally, I just posted an explanation of sorts for my squadmates in the JG300 private forum....but what the heck, I don't mind posting the same here in public so long as it's proper content for the O-club, and you don't mind reading about it:

"Gents, sorry if I've not been around much. Like a few others, kinda taking some time out right now to deal with ol' real life and whatnot. Kinda started a coupla weeks ago with something so small as simply cutting the scheiss out of my right index finger - right at the tip and through the nail, making it painful & aggravating to type.

Funny thing is, I stopped spending so much time around the 'puter and it's like I woke up to a few things in the world around me. Like family time, my relationship with Stoopy Mk.II (who my parental gult makes me think has seen too much of the back of my head during the last few years) and some work and health habits that I'd like to make some needed improvements on (it's fun to sim and all, but also fun to kick butt at work, and more necessary with the economy now than ever). Just need to keep things shipshape all the way 'round. Not totally happy with a few health symptoms I've had lately and might need to make some changes there...actually, already started.

Right now I'm kind of running in economy mode here, able to log in now and then and get the screenshots scheduled on a minimum basis, and after that I run out of steam & time. Hope it's understandable."

So anyway Dutch, it's basically just been a little difficult to keep up lately with the personal hobby aspect of life at this time. IT;s true that I did get a bit sidetracked in Rocket Aviation but if you check the logs you'll note I haven't flown there lately either....I've kinda ramped down in all regards of the personal hobby right now.

If it's acceptable I'll get make the hoplist the first piority to work on as I find time in between the other considerations right now if that's cool with y'all.

Stoop

#4: Re: Hoplist ?? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:37 am
    ----
No worries Stoopy!! We all need a break now and again to combat that 'burned out' feeling. You've done a lot around here and we all appreciate it. Smile

In looking towards the 'silver lining', maybe you could instruct Leo on the finer art of making Hop and uploading Hop Lists... Smile (See what happens when you forgot to step back Leo?..lol)

Don't worry, we'll keep things on a roll until things get sorted and don't forget, summer has a way of pullin' a person away from the computer.. Wink

#5: Re: Hoplist ?? Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:24 pm
    ----
I agree, a break is sometimes really helpful.

I would like to pick up Bushys suggestion to involve Leo a bit more in the hoplist thing and offer my help as well, being with the hoplist or any other stuff where a little help could be needed. So, maybe Leo (assuming that he would agree) and/or I could assist you, Stoopy in whatever might be necessary in times of other priorities.

Regards

#6: Re: Hoplist ?? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:29 pm
    ----
Thanks gents - by all means it's very much appreciated and a sensible approach. I'll get some sample hoplists when I get home (am on the road right now) and PM ya's with how it all works.....

#7: Re: Hoplist ?? Author: Uhu_DutchmanLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:56 pm
    ----
Shocked
Don't misunderstand me guys, I'm not complaining at all, not about the sunday flights or about the hoplist. Even if there's no hoplist at this moment.
What I'm trying to say is that I need a bit more challenge (like the hoplist) and I prefer at this moment to fly in "my own" time. The days are longer, the weather is much better and I like to spend the weekends with my wife too, instead of sitting behind the computer. That's the reason I'm not flying the Thirsday- or the Sunday-evenings. I like to have a free agenda etc.
And about the agenda, well I was able to fly the challenging hoplists in my own time, even a short leg before I went to work etc. No obligations to be on line on time etc.
I hope this is more clear to you

Leo

#8: Re: Hoplist ?? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:16 am
    ----
Yep Leo, we knew what you meant...lol We were trying to 'get you onboard' for some administration duties so Stoopy could have his well earned rest... Wink (Did we put you on the spot?)...lol

-> Officer's Club