M20?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M20? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:00 pm
    ----

#2: Re: M20? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 9:24 pm
    ----
Yup, appears to be post war "Occupation" markings

Piney

#3: Re: M20? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:41 pm
    ----
Would be consistant with that pic I posted sometime ago as a "whatiz?" pic. It included my dad in the drivers seat of one in Foggia, Italy during the occupation in '45.

#4: Re: M20? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:24 am
    ----
Here is an example of the 'C' force (post war occupation)

[url=http://hometown.aol.com/biskit89/images/m-27)%20m8%20'greyhound'%20(sn%207059344).jpg]M8 Armored Car[/url]

Don

#5: Re: M20? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:40 am
    ----
Foggia, Italy-1945

#6: Re: M20? Author: A2_Prius PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:26 pm
    ----
The M20 with the trio of MPs looks so shiny: could it have been Simonized??

#7: Re: M20? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:50 pm
    ----
When we used to be in parades in the early 70's we'd wipe our vehicles down with diesel to make them shine Shocked

#8: Re: M20? Author: A2_Prius PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:57 pm
    ----
Geez, Tumbleweed, I can't imagine anyone VOLUNTEERING for that job!

#9: Re: M20? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:04 pm
    ----
- A2_Prius
Geez, Tumbleweed, I can't imagine anyone VOLUNTEERING for that job!

I volunteered to join the Army and that was the last time I volunteered Mr. Green

#10: Re: M20? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:31 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
When we used to be in parades in the early 70's we'd wipe our vehicles down with diesel to make them shine Shocked

Not just parades, either. That's an ex-pat Scot named Rose ("Rosie", who Roy may remember) who'd been with "Her Majesties Royal 42nd Anti-Aircraft Regiment, Ack-Ack" (or something colorful like that) wiping down his ACAV with diesel (Gawd only knows why) at an NDP, probably in Hau Nghia province....

#11: Re: M20? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:41 am
    ----
Today at 4 bucks plus a gallon it'd be cheaper to by wax Laughing

But we don't use DF-2 now, JP-8 is the new go juice, and the HAZMAT NCO would go nuts if you did it with either anyway. It did look good though until you went down the tank trail, then you were powder coated like a doughnut. FRH and CLP were other favorites for a while with tankers.

Joe D

#12: Re: M20? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:57 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Today at 4 bucks plus a gallon it'd be cheaper to by wax Laughing

But we don't use DF-2 now, JP-8 is the new go juice, and the HAZMAT NCO would go nuts if you did it with either anyway. It did look good though until you went down the tank trail, then you were powder coated like a doughnut. FRH and CLP were other favorites for a while with tankers.

Joe D

Brake Fluid or break free does the trick, especially for Recovery Inspections (Return from the field).

The best by far, for cheesing up, is 'Armor All'.

In CAT 89, the day prior to my platoons battle run, we were given two cases of Armor All. We spent the next 4-6 hours, painting our 4 tanks with the armor all. They looked awesome,......until firing the first rounds, the next day during our competition battle run.

The 'armor all' acted as a dust magnet.

The 'roll up' was awesome,...

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board