Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning!
-> Officer's Club

#1: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:46 pm
    ----
Was a pretty good turnout this morning. It was a (Town-Hall) style meeting so they limited entrance. He really didn't get an opportunity to address a large amount of people but it was fun for me! I amazingly got up way to early and ended up getting a front row seat. Best seats I've ever had at a public event, and I didn't even have to pay a cover charge!

Cindy McCain introduced him..

This girl stood up to try and disrupt the meeting.. I thought I was going to get a chance to witness a

This poor girl obviously got put up to be made a fool of by one of her relatives. As soon as Senator McCain noticed her he addressed her politely and kind of chuckled while complimenting her shirt. The poor old lady that was sitting next to the teenage girl took offense and tried to block the girl. Senator McCain explained the process of a "town-hall" style meeting and allowed the girl to speak her peace as soon as he started answering questions. The whole ordeal was completely hilarious, but Senator McCain handled the situation in a very classical and witty manner.

She looked pretty embarrassed after Sen. McCain answered her question, Unfortunately I'm sure she had no idea, or ability to comprehend the answer.

This was hippie' girl's mom, who seemed just as stoned as her daughter. Senator McCain allowed her to speak as well. Apparently the girl was only like 14 y/o.

Last edited by HA_needacar on Wed May 07, 2008 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:47 pm
    ----
Cindy McCain

Unfortunately I felt that using flash at such a small event was kind of offensive and rude... so you guy's will have to deal with a bit of motion blur in the pictures.... I'm still a novice when it comes to this SLR stuff...

signing autographs... shortly after I got to shake his hand, the guy next to me got a photo, hopefully he'll be nice enough to email me a copy of it. Cool

#3: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:07 pm
    ----
John McCain endured years of harrassment at the hands of professionals, so it's little wonder that he's not too unsettled by a 14 Y.O. and her misguided mother.

It says a lot about you that you were more concerned about not using a flash in confined spaces and being unintentionally distracting.

#4: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:53 pm
    ----
Would have just been cool enough to meet a real war hero. I obviously cant vote but i'm pullin for this guy......sry if that was too political Mr. Green

#5: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:26 pm
    ----
I wish folks would take the time to learn about each candidates character - not that there is anything wrong with anyone else, but I do respect Mr AND Mrs McCain.

Reading some of their personal life I wonder why he doesnt share more of it in the campaign.

Humble man.

#6: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: HA_needacarLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:30 pm
    ----
This one's going on the wall and getting framed!

#7: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:50 pm
    ----
NICE!!!

#8: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:31 am
    ----
-S-

Looks like your dad..!!

Hammer Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

#9: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:00 am
    ----
- HA_needacar
This one's going on the wall and getting framed!

Who's the ugly guy with him?

Razz

#10: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 am
    ----
That's the Senator...lol

#11: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:17 pm
    ----
Heheheh
Wink

#12: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:22 pm
    ----
lovin that secret service guy in the background eh? LOL Priceless and very typical...I always wonder whats going through their minds.

#13: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:25 pm
    ----
- Chuck_71st
lovin that secret service guy in the background eh? LOL Priceless and very typical...I always wonder whats going through their minds.

~~~~Just act cool like your a roady for the Rollin Stones or summat~~~~

#14: Re: Senator McCain at my Alma Mater this morning! Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 12:33 pm
    ----
"Typical! One photo all day and he gets my bad side!"

-> Officer's Club