some M60 photos posted...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: some M60 photos posted... Author: binder001 PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:56 am
    ----
Boys,

I have been posting a few tank photos from my travels over the years. I have just added some walk-arounds of M60's ("A-zero") in my area. I plan to add some M60A3s in the future. Sorry, I didn't get the s/n info.

picasaweb.google.com/gebinder01

I hope somebody finds these useful.

Gary

#2: Re: some M60 photos posted... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:10 am
    ----
Thanks, Gary....(I love your steam train pics, too!)

#3: Re: some M60 photos posted... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:31 pm
    ----
Gary,

Thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to see some pictures of the M60 at the Fort Riley MPRC. I noticed the Bumper numbers are from 2-34 Armor, B22. Now most of the time those numbers mean something to someone, otherwise they'd use a generic or HQ's one. I knew the civilian head of range ops at MPRC back in 2001, He was a Vietnam Veteran who served with 2-34 Armor. He retired as a 1st Sgt at Riley in the 80's. I had heard he finally got a tank to display there after I left. I wonder if those bumper numbers were his in Vietnam?

Joe D

#4: Re: some M60 photos posted... Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:30 pm
    ----
According to the website its the Staff Sergeant David Q. Douthit Multi-Purpose Range Complex.
www.riley.army.mil/vie...8-40690-05

Gary, isnt there also a Walker Bulldog there?

Neil

#5: Re: some M60 photos posted... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:51 am
    ----
Neil,

That reminds me, there's an M41 at the Catoosa Reserve Training Area in Georgia, near Ringgold. The Tennessee National Gaurd actually runs this place for their guys. Spent some time there and just remembered. Did a map recon and presto.

Google Earth 34.907734, -85.063786

Joe D

#6: Re: some M60 photos posted... Author: binder001 PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:11 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Gary, isnt there also a Walker Bulldog there? Neil

There sure is. It's in very nice shape. It is right across the driveway from the M60.

Gary

-> AFV News Discussion Board