M2 Medium - M3 Lee & M3 Grant tanks PDF list
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M2 Medium - M3 Lee & M3 Grant tanks PDF list Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:08 pm
    ----
Hello,

I just finished the M2 Medium, M3 Lee and M3 Grant tank. As I'm not sure to have clearly listed all the tanks, and also not sure to have correctly identified each model, I would like to know if you could help to find/correct mistakes and omissions.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Lee_Grant.pdf

thanks

P-O

#2: Re: M2 Medium - M3 Lee & M3 Grant tanks PDF list Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:49 pm
    ----
I believe there is another Lee at Aberdeen you don't show (Unless I missed it when scanning through) It is a riveted hull with an M2 75mm 9Short barrel with counterweight) It was in teh belair Street stoarge yard for a long while and about a year ago was temporarily moved to a site of Maryland Ave (pretty much opposite the 'New Mile of Tanks' (Which has since been removed) to serve as a back drop for a Public announcement of a new building project. I think it is now in the motorpool yard across from the Belair St storage yard. Neil do you have any pictures of it?

And I think the Lee at Newark Delaware has been pretty much confirmed as The First Detroit Arsenal built Lee (Serial #3 I think) I helped bring this one to the attention of the G104 group several years ago and Joe DeMarco went up there and talked to the folks at the VFW and confirmed it's history.

But this is a very nice effort over all. Oh since my son is now running around the woods of Fort Gordon (They have them out on at an 'FOB' tent city this weekend. I think it is an ingenuious way to help troops straight out of basic fill up the free time on weekends Twisted Evil ) He might be able to get a confirmation on the one down there

#3: Re: M2 Medium - M3 Lee & M3 Grant tanks PDF list Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:40 am
    ----
- bsmart
I believe there is another Lee at Aberdeen you don't show (Unless I missed it when scanning through) It is a riveted hull with an M2 75mm 9Short barrel with counterweight)

Bob, I found a photo of this tank that Neil published on this forum some months ago. I completely missed that one. Thanks !!

P-O

#4: Re: M2 Medium - M3 Lee & M3 Grant tanks PDF list Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:03 am
    ----
M3 Grant - Army barracks (Keswick), Adelaide, South Australia

Photos from May 2003

www.geocaching.com/see...7c33a8788c

What is current status and condition of if (was it renovated ?)

#5: Re: M2 Medium - M3 Lee & M3 Grant tanks PDF list Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:43 am
    ----
Here's some info on the Fort Gordon M3
www.gordon.army.mil/pa...online.pdf

Neil

#6: Re: M2 Medium - M3 Lee & M3 Grant tanks PDF list Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:40 am
    ----
The VMMV and Ft Gordon M3A4s look like the same tank.

Have you consudered adding M31s to the list?

KL

-> AFV News Discussion Board