"RENT-A-TANK"
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: "RENT-A-TANK" Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:29 pm
    ----
This is interesting. Get married and leave in a 'tank' Shocked

LINK: www.limotank.com/

#2: Re: "RENT-A-TANK" Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:39 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway
This is interesting. Get married and leave in a 'tank' Shocked

LINK: www.limotank.com/

BUT ITS NOT A TANK!!!! Its an AFV.... More 'misinformation' which permiates the internet.

Cool

#3: Re: "RENT-A-TANK" Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:43 am
    ----
Boy that turret looks like it's off an M551 Sheridan!?!?! What is that vehicle?

#4: Re: "RENT-A-TANK" Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:26 am
    ----
- Dontos
BUT ITS NOT A TANK!!!! Its an AFV.... More 'misinformation' which permiates the internet.

But a tank is an AFV as well by definition. Mr. Green

The vehicle looks like a demilled FV432 with 30 mm turret, cannot recall the exact designation right now, making it an APC cum IFV or somesuch. Laughing

Jens O.

#5: Re: "RENT-A-TANK" Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:22 am
    ----
Not only that but looking at the road wheels it's a stretch limo!!

#6: Re: "RENT-A-TANK" Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:19 pm
    ----
Turret looks to be off of a Scorpion, CVRT series.

I am sure this is what every bride spends her whole life dreaming about.

Smile

#7: Re: "RENT-A-TANK" Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:08 pm
    ----
- HellonwheelsV100
Turret looks to be off of a Scorpion, CVRT series.

I am sure this is what every bride spends her whole life dreaming about.

Smile

Its a Fox turret...

#8: Re: "RENT-A-TANK" Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:03 pm
    ----
It is an ex-minelaying carrier with newly added rear compartment windows and a dry-the-snot-out-of-your-nose crew heater. FV432-something with a demilled turret, which sounds genuine Her Majesty's issue. Other parts of the webpage describe the linear feet of dope neon tubes. (Dope means cool, hip, with it, groovy, swank, etc. not dope.) In the gallery are shots of girls in high heels standing on the top deck, hopefully not too tipsy yet to lose their balance.

" Here at Tank-alot we had a dream which could have become a nightmare ...

But the Abbot doesn't lend its self well for passengers. So at Christmas we pulled out the best armored personnel carrier from 30 we had laying around. A bit of a special not only fitted with a turret for when it was on the Berlin wall, and one of only 13 ever made but she also had some strange mine laying or clearing gismo on its rear which we binned. We decided on Gloss White as you would.

Chopped a few windows in the side fitted smoked glass, fridge, twin DVD's, reversing cameras completely re trimmed the interior. We found the army had left the massive diesel powered crew heater in one of the 432's so we threw that in as well. "

PS Their web designer needs to go back to school and retake spelling class.

#9: Re: "RENT-A-TANK" Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:40 pm
    ----
oh....I meant IFV.

Pardon the spelling, I just finished ghost writing a number of websights..... opppps. Did I say that???

Ugh...NEVER MIND!!!

I was leaning toward smitar(ish). I always ID'd the FV432 with the large distinct muffler on the right side.

Although, to the less skilled eye, it might be confused with a Warrior.

All in All,...its still just an IFV, and not a tank.

Rolling Eyes

Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board