Tutorials Section
-> Suggestion Box

#1: Tutorials Section Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:09 pm
    ----
Having been a member here from just about day one I have seen at least 100 different tutorials on various subjects in a lot of different places here and I got to admit knowing that I had seen a certain subject somewhere and when I had seen it..... gets me to looking loooonnnng and hard. It would be nice to add a section here just for tutorials. I know there are a lot of them as stickies but it sure would be nice to have them in one place with maybe a few subcategories if that is feasible.

#2: Re: Tutorials Section Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:59 am
    ----
Oh look, a volunteer to turn the stickies into tutorials...
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

#3: Re: Tutorials Section Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:53 am
    ----
It's a good idea and we've tried a couple different methods in the past from using a separate forum called "Tutorials" to providing the "Help and Rescue" portion of the site. While both of those are useful, we're in the process of integrating a Wiki for CC.

For those of you that don't know what a Wiki is, take a look at this Utube about Wiki's- Click HERE!

It's our thoughts to use this Wiki approach for exactly what you're talking about Homey. We are looking for someone to head it up once the software is up and running. As I said before, we're trying to integrate it into CC so we can use the same User Login and PW's. We are going to limit the submissions to Registered CC Users and use Admin approval to keep out the spammers.

Anyone care to step up and admin this new future project? Wink

#4: Re: Tutorials Section Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:42 am
    ----
LOL I thought Homey just did. Laughing

Now I'm 'in-between' jobs, I could give a helping hand.

#5: Re: Tutorials Section Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:10 am
    ----
Alright KIT! All the Admins thank you and all the members of CC thank you too!!! lol

As soon as the test server runs the software, I'll post the info in the mod forum for all to see and start setting you up as admin for that... Smile

Between jobs? It must be catching, 'cause I'm the same way...lol

#6: Re: Tutorials Section Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:17 am
    ----
- Shadow_Homfixr
Having been a member here from just about day one I have seen at least 100 different tutorials on various subjects in a lot of different places here and I got to admit knowing that I had seen a certain subject somewhere and when I had seen it..... gets me to looking loooonnnng and hard. It would be nice to add a section here just for tutorials. I know there are a lot of them as stickies but it sure would be nice to have them in one place with maybe a few subcategories if that is feasible.

Homey, we've started on the "Tutorials-Guides-Tips" section for CC and thanks for the suggestion. Since we're integrating MediaWiki into CC for this, that will allow all registered users to 'add' their own ideas, tips, tutorial, etc., into organized categories.

Thanks again to Kitform for taking the lead role in this project and while it's not due to roll out for a short while, (early experimenting shows a lot of promise) we're asking all members to contribute and participate in making this project a great reference for all members and visitors to CC.

#7: Re: Tutorials Section Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:12 pm
    ----
Awsome!

-> Suggestion Box