Patches
-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters

#1: Patches Author: Duckie PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:32 pm
    ----
Seems my merged version of IL2 has somemissing files so the 1946 will not load. Guess I'll have to start over. Problem one is I don't remember what patches are for what game. Anyone remember the sequence that the patches were loaded. Thanks....

Duckie

#2: Re: Patches Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:12 pm
    ----
Since you now have 1946 just unistall FB/ace and PF and then install 1946 it contains FB/Ace and PF as a merged version with all previous patches.

If you still want PF as a stand alone then install it again with your PF disk.

#3: Re: Patches Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:26 pm
    ----
Yep think of 1946 as a completely new sim/game, then that just needs patching to version 4.08M Mr. Green

#4: Re: Patches Author: Duckie PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:58 am
    ----
This is what I love about people who know more than me..I've been
looking at 6 cd's and at least that many patches and in no time at all I find out that all I need is one cd and one patchj and BINGO all is well. I thank you gentelman for taking the time to respond to my plite. "S" to you both. But I must say where is Bush when I need him. After all I've done for him...

Duckie

#5: Re: Patches Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:28 am
    ----
- Duckie
This is what I love about people who know more than me..I've been
looking at 6 cd's and at least that many patches and in no time at all I find out that all I need is one cd and one patch and BINGO all is well. I thank you gentleman for taking the time to respond to my plight. "S" to you both. But I must say where is Bush when I need him. After all I've done for him...

Duckie

Reading and learning...lol

I went through that some time back when looking for server files to test an IL2 server. WHAT A NIGHTMARE that was! After a TON of research and searching various areas, I finally gathered ALL the parts to the server to bring it up to v4.08. I can't remember exactly, but it's something like 9-15 update files AND you have to install them one at a time. So, I did all that, got it running and made a Zip file with for the server package and put it on CC. It's been very popular so far but you would have thought someone from UBI would have done that or at least made some kind of EZ install package and this is just the server end!...lol

Then, you have the game updates. Thank goodness 1946 came out and brought it all together. In the past, it was the same nightmare as the server files...lol

Glad you have you up to speed Duckie... Wink

-> IL2/FB/AEP/Pacific Fighters