Air Force M113 on Prison Duty
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Air Force M113 on Prison Duty Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:24 pm
    ----
Senior Airman Travis Hummel (standing) and Airman 1st Class Adam Giebitz patrol Feb. 10 in an M-113 Armored Personnel Carrier at the Theater Internment Facility at Camp Bucca, Iraq. Airmen Hummel and Giebitz are deployed from Robins Air Force Base, Ga., and are assigned to the 886th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron's quick response force. The QRF responds to issues within the TIF in which a show of force or escalation of force is required beyond the capabilities for the TIF's guard force. (U.S. Air Force photo/Capt. Jason McCree)

Take note of the claymores on the side of the vehicle.

#2: Re: Air Force M113 on Prison Duty Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:58 pm
    ----
- MarkHolloway

They ain't foolin' around, are they?

I'll bet the two boxes on the front (with wires) are also M17 containers.

KL

#3: Re: Air Force M113 on Prison Duty Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:11 am
    ----
- Kurt_Laughlin
- MarkHolloway

They ain't foolin' around, are they?

I'll bet the two boxes on the front (with wires) are also M17 containers.

KL

They are, and high on the rear, too. We've seen views of this before, from the front, also. Driver can fire the front ones, wires led to his position.

As I understand it, these Claymore have rubber pellets in them. Still gotta' smart, though.

#4: Re: Air Force M113 on Prison Duty Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:27 am
    ----
NOW THAT'S COOL!!!!

#5: Re: Air Force M113 on Prison Duty Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:28 am
    ----
Don't tell the Gavin conspirators. The Danes and Canadians are using M113s in one sandbox, and the USAF in the other. The Brits have some upgraded FV 432s there too. I guess Cold War technology can still do the job. But, if the wheeled AFVs used daily were all tracks, I think these would become very different wars. Tires are just better in most types of modern COIN warfare.

Standing to in my slit trench awaiting incoming ....

Last edited by Maple_Leaf_Eh on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

#6: Re: Air Force M113 on Prison Duty Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:42 am
    ----
Very nice and thanks! I needed a new desktop background! Mr. Green

#7: Re: Air Force M113 on Prison Duty Author: palic PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:51 am
    ----
May be the driver has a bad experience with his car being stolen? Twisted Evil (Two alarm systems better than one).
Another possibility: add more Claymores with "rubber pellets" and you receive ... IDEAL vehicle for RCU! Mr. Green Why not to fill Claymores with "paintball bullets" - bad guys could be marked for later questioning.
Love that! Brilliant idea!

-> AFV News Discussion Board