Any Venezuelan Armor Enthusiasts Here?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Any Venezuelan Armor Enthusiasts Here? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:41 pm
    ----
I used to work down in Venezuela, from 1994 thru 1997. In the town of Maturin, there was a central park that had a couple of military items on display. One was what appeared to be a half-track with a turret from one of the "hound" series armored cars. Alas, I had no camera with me. Anyone here can check this out for me?

#2: Re: Any Venezuelan Armor Enthusiasts Here? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:55 pm
    ----
The best contact I can think of is Andres Vera over at Tank-net.

#3: Re: Any Venezuelan Armor Enthusiasts Here? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:16 pm
    ----
Thanks Doug, I will give him a shout.

#4: Re: Any Venezuelan Armor Enthusiasts Here? Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:09 am
    ----
Hi Tank Lord!

Here is a picture that was forwarded to me by Costas Tsaganas Thessaloniki of Greece. Looks like he found what you are looking for.
Correction: June 14, 2008, Photo came from Costas Tsaganas OF Thessaloniki in Greece. Sorry Costas.

Spot Report Forwarded!
Sgt, Scouts Out!

Last edited by Roy_A_Lingle on Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Any Venezuelan Armor Enthusiasts Here? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:23 am
    ----
That's it's! Even the crazy paint scheme is there, just wish I could remember the colors. Thanks Roy!

#6: Re: Any Venezuelan Armor Enthusiasts Here? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:43 pm
    ----
Now for the turret, homebuilt, or robbed off another vehicle? The colors, if I remember right were all glossy, a dark brown, fade lemon yellow, and medium shade of green.

-> AFV News Discussion Board