cfg. Errors and virtuel cockpits.
-> FSX

#1: cfg. Errors and virtuel cockpits. Author: Fallap PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:41 pm
    ----
Mjello everyone! I recently bought FSX and have been exploring the world from 20.000 feet ever since I got it.

My Saitek yoke is also on it's way (weee!) Mr. Green

Now for the seriuz buisness, I have downloaded some nice aircrafts and skin.

However.

1) When I want to add the ex. Lufthansa* skin/texture to my 747 - 400 folder, and have to edit the cfg. file - once I click "Save" this comes up: "The file C:\Program files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\b747_400\aircraft.cfg cannot be saved.

Control if the path or filename is correct."

This is the text I want to add to the aircraft.cfg:

[fltsim.7]
title=Boeing 747-400 Lufthansa
sim=Boeing747-400
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=Luft
kb_checklists=Boeing747-400_check
kb_reference=Boeing747-400_ref
atc_id=D-ABVF
atc_airline=Lufthansa
atc_flight_number=3881
atc_heavy=1
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="747-400"
ui_variation="Lufthansa"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Frank McCall"
description="More than 30 years ago, the 747 made its first trip from New York to London. Since then, it's become the standard by which other large passenger jets are judged. Its size, range, speed and capacity were then, and are now, the best in its class."

-----------------------------------

2) Some of the models ive downlaoded, have a stinky interior / virtuelt cockpit. Is it possible to port a standard cockpit over to the aircraft Ive downloaded?

#2: Re: cfg. Errors and virtuel cockpits. Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:16 pm
    ----
1} Check the properties of that file and make sure its not READ ONLY and that you are logged in as administrator or at least have admin rights.

2} I believe it is possible by changing the panel.cfg file to call up a different panel. But make a backup of the original before trying it.

Someone correct me if im wrong here Smile

MD

#3: Re: cfg. Errors and virtuel cockpits. Author: Fallap PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:12 pm
    ----
Wooot! Thanks alot maddog!

Nr1 problem (cfg) worked!

Il try nr2 tomorrow

#4: Re: cfg. Errors and virtuel cockpits. Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:39 pm
    ----
I personally reduced my UAC control and can edit my .cfg files in Vista and win.7 without any problems; Previous to that they wouldn't "save".

-> FSX