Salute cannon??? for AJ2
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Salute cannon??? for AJ2 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:35 pm
    ----
Is this real or just a toy to make noise???

It's at the Letcher County Veterans Museum in Whitesburg KY.

Cannon Front

Cannon back

Tow vehicle ???

They were under a car cover next to the museum.

Joe D

#2: Re: Salute cannon??? for AJ2 Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:00 am
    ----
I think a nice repro noise maker, but its a little to early for me to be sure...I could cut that chain .....

#3: Re: Salute cannon??? for AJ2 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:52 pm
    ----
i think they bought/built is as a toy noise maker... it is real, as in real noise maker of a mountain howitzer, only fires blanks and built the carriage to look relatively historically correct... the tube is a re-pop (and is sleeved). the wheels do not military, they look like wagon wheels. what is up with the prolong? that looks like a sailor who cant tie a knot...

(all i can ask is, if you were going to put forth the effort to build the thing in the first place, then why not just built it right?)

#4: Re: Salute cannon??? for AJ2 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:34 am
    ----
- SHAWN
i think they bought/built is as a toy noise maker... it is real, as in real noise maker of a mountain howitzer, only fires blanks and built the carriage to look relatively historically correct... the tube is a re-pop (and is sleeved). the wheels do not military, they look like wagon wheels. what is up with the prolong? that looks like a sailor who cant tie a knot...

(all i can ask is, if you were going to put forth the effort to build the thing in the first place, then why not just built it right?)

Geez,....Shawn!!

To think I thought I was a bit too critical at times. Mr. Green

I noticed the sleeve,....but I must admit to being a bit under-educated on home defense artillery.... Laughing

(Load the charge, add assorted nuts, bolts, & nails....BAM....lol

Don

#5: Re: Salute cannon??? for AJ2 Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:15 pm
    ----
I am sorry Don, I didnt mean to sound so critical. I probably saw/responded at the end the of my day. I shoot civil war arty live, I just wrote what I was thinking upon viewing the pics. That tube wasnt cheap and the time/effort/materials that they put into the piece were nothing to sneeze at... I dont consider myself a stitch counter, but you can tell when it something is farb...
With my dumb luck, the piece probably belongs to a shooter/competitor I already know! Sorry, no insults intended.
S

-> AFV News Discussion Board