a stroke of Luck ?
-> Hardware

#1: a stroke of Luck ? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:06 pm
    ----
Hi all,

As you know I have ordered a new rig and was awaiting notice as to when I could go round the puttershop to pick it up Smile

Today I got a phonecall from the puttershop, that some customer cancelled a system and was similar to what I had ordered,
so the question was IF I was interrested AND also that I could get it for the same price as the system what I had ordered Surprised

this is what they offered :

mobo~ ASUS Striker II Extreme
CPU~Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 s775
CPU Cooler~Scythe Mugen CPU Cooler
RAM~4Gig Team eXtreem DARK RAM DDR3 1600MHz PC3 12800 C7-7-7-21-2T
HD's~3x Seagate Barracuda 500G SATAII 7.200rpm
VCA~EVGA-GeForce 9800GTX SSC 512MB
PSU~BeQuiet 700W ATX V2.2 PSU Straight Power, 24/20pins, active pfc, 2xpci-e, 8xsata, 4x12V Rails
SC~Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
DVDR~2x Samsung DVD RW+/-DL SH230P black
OS~Windows XPproSP3 UKversion
case~Antec Performance One P182

I asked if I where allowed to think about it for a sec or 2 Cool

Well I told 'm it was a nice offer and I'd go along with their proposal as long the system would be up and running by the coming week Cool

I think it was a nice stroke of luck and just couldn't resist sharing it with my friends Smile

#2: Re: a stroke of Luck ? Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:19 pm
    ----
That's awesome Fled. Sounds like a great system! Good luck with it Smile !

#3: Re: a stroke of Luck ? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:38 am
    ----
Thankx Homey, I think it wil smoke a wee bit Cool

#4: Re: a stroke of Luck ? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:19 am
    ----
lucky sob!
Razz

#5: Re: a stroke of Luck ? Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:42 am
    ----
Nice touch Fled, lucky git lol Mr. Green

#6: Re: a stroke of Luck ? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:03 am
    ----
Thankx fella's

#7: Re: a stroke of Luck ? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:38 am
    ----
WOOHOO!! Gee, let me think about it a second or two before I say YES!...lol

Congrats Fled!! We'll be looking forward to the review...

#8: Re: a stroke of Luck ? Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:58 pm
    ----
Looks like the nicest looking screen shots are about to get even better! Good for us (and you Fled LOL)!

All my play money is going for airlines tickets this summer :o(

#9: Re: a stroke of Luck ? Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:12 am
    ----
Thankx Slowy Cool

-> Hardware