PreservedTanks.com
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#181: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:29 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
No -....for now I mean a picture of you for your contributor page!

(It would be neat if at least the top 20 contributors had a picture, so that means I'm looking for pics of you, Chuck Sherman, Joe Daneri and Neil B.).

I was already afraid that this is what you wanted ....

So I tried to change subject .... Wink
I will take search if there is a photo .... of me ... somewhere

#182: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:47 pm
    ----
Adam - thanks, I'll add your picture and info (and file the other photos for later use).

Michel - no problem! Maybe one of you at a museum or Tanks in Town or something like that? It's entirely optional, I could use an avatar if you prefer, I'd just like to avoid it being blank.

#183: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:11 pm
    ----
Ok, Adam, you've been 'done'!:

PzKpfw-e on PreservedTanks.com

If you have some words to describe yourself I'll add those too.

#184: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:34 am
    ----
Hi Trevor,

I searched my photo collection and did not find a descent photo of myself.
So you my avatar for the moment and I will try to get a descent photo at a MV-show within the next couple of months.

Michel

#185: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:44 pm
    ----
Ok, will do!

Meanwhile Lesley has sent me one of himself so I've updated his page. It has also prompted me to add some photos that he sent me in the past that I hadn't got around to. That added two new Leopard tanks to the database (click through to Oirschot if you want to see them) and updated two more:

Lesley Delsing on PreservedTanks.com

#186: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:40 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
So you my avatar for the moment

Done.

#187: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:36 pm
    ----
Trevor & Lesley

Love the contributor photo, although I figured it might be something taken while on one of your favorite vehicles.

Personally I never had the time to hunt or fish, since most of my 'recreational' time is 'fishing' around vehicles or 'hunting' for new ones.....(ha ha ha)

Regards
Don

#188: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:48 pm
    ----
Don,

Let me know if you want me to add more pictures to your page, such as from your time in service. Also do you have some words about yourself I could use?

Dontos on PreservedTanks.com

#189: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:08 pm
    ----
Hello everyone, I'm back! Sorry I went quiet for the last 4-5 months. For some time I had been learning about climate change and getting concerned about it. With the idea of cutting my carbon footprint I have ordered an electric car and have made some other changes to our family's lifestyle (we already had solar panels). I'm blogging about it at http://MyRenaultZoe.com.

Anyway, with that in hand, I'm now back to tanks. I'll go through the (100 or so) threads I've missed on this forum, then return to working on PreservedTanks.com. I'll start there by completing my write-up of Camp Borden, then return to working on Preserved Tanks in the Netherlands.

Normal service has been resumed!

#190: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:22 pm
    ----
Oh dear Trevor! I wouldn't worry too much about your footprints, remember that 1) There's been no significant increase in global temps over the past 16 years & 2) China's increasing it's CO2 output, each year by more than the UK's total output!
Car looks quite nice, pity a cheap, small petrol-engined one is better for the environment.

#191: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:01 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Oh dear Trevor! I wouldn't worry too much about your footprints, remember that 1) There's been no significant increase in global temps over the past 16 years & 2) China's increasing it's CO2 output, each year by more than the UK's total output!
Car looks quite nice, pity a cheap, small petrol-engined one is better for the environment.

Hi Pzkpfw-e! I wish temperatures had stabilized but that's an oft-repeated myth - it's partly true for air temperature but completely wrong for sea temperatures. Also there's nothing good for the environment about any petrol engine because of the CO2 it produces - the Clio is a relatively cheap, small car so I'm getting the electric version of it. The situation with China and other developing nations is concerning, though we have to bear in mind that Chinese per capita cumulative emissions are dwarfed by those of the UK and US. They are also aware of pollution issues and are far ahead of UK and US in the development of low carbon technology. If you want to learn more, there are many sources of information on the net. One of the simplest introductions is here: RollingStone.com. It is not a theoretical discussion - I'm in England's East Midlands and in 2012 we suffered the worst drought in 100 years followed by the worst flooding since records began. Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss these issues - by all means visit MyRenaultZoe.com/Energy and Climate Change and join a discussion there.

#192: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 pm
    ----
Gentlemen,

The AFV DG is not a forum for political, religious or speculative pseudoscience/Easter Bunny proselytizing advocates. Regardless of the depth of one's recent conversion or commitment to any of the above, there are any number of other forums where it can be discussed to the content of one's heart. Impugning the considered views of other people as "myth" is needlessly provocative and rude. If anyone is caught up in the rapture of their recent decisions, congratulations. Just don't feel compelled or at liberty to share it here.

Pursuit of topics or further comment along those lines will be deleted without comment and/or the thread involved locked. This site works precisely because C-C has a zero tolerance policy toward polarizing discussions of non-relevance to the forums featured here (including Miss Kitty's).

Thank you for your cooperation.

#193: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:30 pm
    ----
For some time it's been possible to look through tanks on PreservedTanks.com by location, for example:

Preserved Tanks by Country and Location

I've just today finished a new feature that I've wanted to have for years which is to browse by nationality and type:

Preserved Tanks by Nationality and Type

Both links are also now on the Home page.

Any feedback would be appreciated, particularly any bugs or issues. Thanks.

#194: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:02 pm
    ----
I have the chance to visit Majorca. I read somewhere it has a small display of tanks - but a search of this forum shows nothing. I think it might have been in an old issue of wheels and tracks. Could someone please look up the location for me (especially if you have a copy of the W&T index)? I dont have access to mine. Many thanks.

#195: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:06 pm
    ----
Now in Majorca, but not for long. I've downloaded the w&t index but it doesn't have Majorca. Did I imagine it? If anyone knows about tanks in Majorca please let me know asap. I promise to post photos!

-> AFV News Discussion Board