PreservedTanks.com
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#46: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:31 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I gave up trying to see the logic behind their behaviors Laughing

the logic is : the less photos on the internet, the more visits in the museum.
That's a point of view, but it is not mine..

A photo on a computer screen will never replace a visit on the real place, but "some people" think different.

P-O

#47: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:21 am
    ----
I am used to deal with italian museums... I gave up trying to see the logic behind their behaviors Laughing

Massimo

#48: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:10 am
    ----
I can't understand this, photos taken by someone visiting the museum, of items on public show (be it 2 days a year) or visible from a public place, of items in a museum funded from visitor's payments and nationals' taxes and they can't be published?
I can understand it if a private collection's owner doesn't want photos published or they are copywrite, having been lifted straight of the museum's website or scanned from a museum publication, but otherwise?

#49: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:04 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
Do you think we should try again, go ahead anyway, or try a different approach?

well, we should go ahead on other sections of PTIF, and we could still go back to the Saumur section if ever we have a permission one day. Anyway, we could update the list without publishing new pictures.

I still have to review the last section of the PTIF.

IIRC I've sent you updates for all the other ones.

However, I only sent you updates (corrections), there are no additions, and your book is missing some vehicles that are listed on my own website and PDF list.

P-O

#50: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:39 am
    ----
I am with you on this. I would avoid publishing shots taken in restricted areas without explicit permission.

Massimo

#51: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:26 am
    ----
well, we could still use my own pictures and publish them under another name than mine, but I'm not sure that it is a solution.
IMO, the main risk in publishing photos of Saumur without permission, is to forbid any other photo being taken in the restricted areas. Until now, as few photos were published on the internet, permission is granted to take few pictures of the reserves during the visits (the reserves are opened to the pubic 2 days a year). The museum would say no to this in the future, if we publish too many pictures.

Pierre-Olivier

#52: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:04 am
    ----
I understood. My point is that we could use my shots instead, but they will not cover everything.

Massimo

#53: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:10 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
Of course I will not be able to take pictures of vehicles not visible to the public, like Pierre-Olivier did. But I should be able to get a good coverage anyway.

Massimo

Massimo,

the coverage is not the question. The problem is more to know if we are able to publish these photos, because I think that we will never get an official permission from the museum.

P-O

#54: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:38 pm
    ----
Of course I will not be able to take pictures of vehicles not visible to the public, like Pierre-Olivier did. But I should be able to get a good coverage anyway.

Massimo

#55: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:33 pm
    ----
we'll probably nevver get the answer. In my opinion, we ask for too much and that brings nothing to the museum, that's why they never answered.

Pierre-Olivier

#56: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:21 pm
    ----
That sounds great. Pierre-Olivier has loads of pictures. The problem is we asked Saumur for permission to use them, and we're still waiting for an answer (and it must be about a year by now).

#57: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:11 pm
    ----
Most likely I will have a good amount of new pictures from Saumur early next year. Would be more than glad to contribute.

Massimo

#58: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:02 pm
    ----
It rather stalled when we couldn't get permission to update the Saumur section with your photos. Do you think we should try again, go ahead anyway, or try a different approach?

#59: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:36 pm
    ----
Trevor,

when do you plan to work on a big updates of "Preserved Tanks in France"?
There are many things to update..

Pierre-Olivier

#60: Re: PreservedTanks.com Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:30 pm
    ----
That's new to me, Don, but very useful info. I'll come back to it soon when I do the write up for Buster - many thanks.

-> AFV News Discussion Board