Just occasionally...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Just occasionally... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:24 pm
    ----
Just occasionally when browsing through the old russian history books one comes across something that is a suprise..

#2: Re: Just occasionally... Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:19 am
    ----
Jim, did it give any history for this?
Shawn

#3: Re: Just occasionally... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:25 am
    ----
No nothing at all - not even an explanation. I'm doing some further research into it to see what I can find out.

#4: Re: Just occasionally... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:00 am
    ----
Wow Jim,

I didn't think it would be feasable to put a Tiger turret on a Panzer IV hull. Unless it's fixed and was a desperate attempt to make a TD from leftover stuff at a forward depot. From the image it doesn't look like it could traverse without hitting the Black Out light on the hull.

Really interested in what you find out.

Joe D

#5: Re: Just occasionally... Author: palic PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:00 am
    ----
- JimWeb
Just occasionally when browsing through the old russian history books one comes across something that is a suprise..

I am sorry, that picture was photoshopdoctored... It was discussed many times before.

How old is that old russian history book that picture comes from?

This is original picture of turretless PzKpfv IV Ammunition Carrier.

#6: Re: Just occasionally... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:46 am
    ----
ah1 I suspected it was, which is why I was investigating further. The image was in a pdf version of the book and it looked to be a slightly better quality image than the others.

Note to the old codgers: Should we start a 'sticky' for discredited images so people aren't caught out in the future?

#7: Re: Just occasionally... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:42 am
    ----
- JimWeb
ah1 I suspected it was, which is why I was investigating further. The image was in a pdf version of the book and it looked to be a slightly better quality image than the others.

Note to the old codgers: Should we start a 'sticky' for discredited images so people aren't caught out in the future?

Might be a good idea. For the record what was the source of the doctored photo?

#8: Re: Just occasionally... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:45 pm
    ----
It was a PDF version of a book called (if my russian is still okay) 'With the 4th Rifle Division to Victory'

Can't tell you much else as i binned the file after I realised that the image had been added into the PDF. I seriously doubt its in the original...

-> AFV News Discussion Board