Oi! For Jel
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: Oi! For Jel Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:35 pm
    ----
Dig it!

#2: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: Rixster PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:28 pm
    ----
cool..some of the smaller Hondas remind me of a bike I used to have. Wish I still had it, it was a Honda-matic 400 or 450. It had an automatic transmission (clutchless) which was really unusual..fun little bike to ride.

#3: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:35 am
    ----
Very cool! The orange water cooled Suzuki GT750 was like the one I use to own some years back. Same color too..

#4: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:22 am
    ----
WOW !! Did that bring back some memories Mr. Green

Fantastic find Slow the Honda 750 four was the first big bike I ever cocked me leg over Wink over 250 i mean.

Hey Bushy outta interest we called the GT750 'the kettle' over here, same over there or no?

Must say that back in them days i did have a thing for Kwaks the KH750H2, Z900, Z650. Mate of mine had a KH250 triple boy did she used to kick the blue smoke out when we went tearing the streets up lmao!! Think I had a GPZ550, can't remember the model (Sebring 4in2 1 exhaust, sounded so sweet!), but it was the first of them with the unitrak rear suspension. Oh happy days.
Went camping one summer, just for the weekend on the 550 with tent & girlfriend hanging off the arse end but more important was the 5 gallon polybag of homebrew bungy corded to the tank. Was a bit cloudy by time we got there, seem to remember having bad guts for a few days after that weekend lol

#5: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:45 am
    ----
Before I got my first H-D, I was riding this. These and the 650 version were like Triumphs and BSA's, but had horizontally-split cases and therefore wouldn't leave oil in your driveway. And the 500 like mine was an eight valve twin, pretty cool for it's day. Mine had dual front discs, too.

Looking at that other site, I saw the Kawa H2. It's difficult to appreciate today the impact the H1 and H2 had when first released. First production bikes that would do the 1/4 in less than 12 seconds totally stock. Of course, being two-strokes, they didn't last very long and sounded like chain saws, but they were dang quick for their day.

And those 750 Honda Fours changed the two-wheel world as we knew it, though I never owned one. Admire them, though.

#6: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:01 pm
    ----
lol I graduated to a KH250 triple from my old Fizzy Jel.
2-stroke back in them days.
Used to smoke so much my mates used to call me "Witchypoo", after a character in "H.R. Puff'n'Stuff" (kids telly).

#7: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:50 pm
    ----
LOL, jeez, feel nearly as old as Jel.

Most noticeable bikes I owned, Honda 550 four, 750 four and my last bike was a Honda CX500 V twin shaft drive.

#8: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:43 pm
    ----
LOL Fizzy, brill bikes quick as owt when you was 16 eh! Mate had one, lost his key so he used to use a half pence piece lol

Noticed in one of the pics there an old Honda SS50 in that metallic reddy colour too, my uncle used to have one for going to work on. Mind he looked a tw*t even back in them days lmao!!

Kit... you'll get yours mate Wink Did you see the Red CX500 in slows orig link?? Saw one out on the roads in Manchester the other week, still goin strong, although she were'nt that pretty though.

#9: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:19 pm
    ----
- Shades
lol I graduated to a KH250 triple from my old Fizzy Jel.
2-stroke back in them days.
Used to smoke so much my mates used to call me "Witchypoo", after a character in "H.R. Puff'n'Stuff" (kids telly).

I used to have 1/3 of that bike a Kawasaki 100 single cylinder. Problem with a single cylinder 2 stroke was when the plug fouled it stopped. I got used to replacing the plug on a dark road on my way to work for mid shift. Used to always carry an extra pre gapped plug, a small tin can (To put the hot plug in) and a heavy GI work glove. Pull the plug, put it in the can, put new plug in, but can in my field jacket pocket and head on to work.

Kaw 100 a chainsaw on wheels Laughing Ying-ing-ing-ing

#10: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:28 pm
    ----
that was my favorite Bush, bud had one and the Kow 900 LOL

#11: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: Chuck_71st PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:17 pm
    ----
Man I miss my little XT225 enduro. those were the days........

#12: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:12 am
    ----
That GT750 was known around my area as the "Water Buffalo". It ran very well and was fast (in those days). The bad things about that bike was it's heavy, had skinny tires and a high center of gravity making it easy to 'lay down' if you weren't careful. It was hard to wheelie too...lol (it can be done though... Wink )

Of all the bikes I owned, I liked the Suzuki GS550 quite well. While it wouldn't pick up the ladies like a classy Sporty or Glide, it was really fun to ride if you liked drag racing style acceleration. The way the engine was designed, it had two power bands. The first came on at 2200 and leveled out at 5000, then the second one REALLY came on at 5500 and leveled at 10,000. It was VERY hard not to be in the upper rpm range ALL the time....lol

AND...don't get me started on Dirt Bikes Shocked

#13: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:32 am
    ----
My current fairweather ride (with a very attractive yours truly):-

2001 Honda VFR800-Fi

Rode it through everything the first year I had it and put 11,000 miles on it.
Since then I wait for the sun to come out.
Less cleaning and the tyres are stickier.

Mr. Green

#14: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: Rixster PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:33 am
    ----
Shades I'm not a psychiatrist or anything but I really believe you need to work on your self-esteem issues...lol..

#15: Re: Oi! For Jel Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:55 am
    ----
I know.
I'm just too cute.
Sweets and I are very compatable.

-> Officer's Club