Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:52 pm
    ----
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. The Ontos is now on display with the post WWII vehicles. The following vehicles are "missing" from a visit of a year ago:

1. M4A1(75) replaced by a M4A3 Sherman
2. StuH 42
3. Type 166 166 Schwimmwagen
4. Type 82 Kubelwagen
5. NSU Kettenkrad
6. Berlin Jeep
7. Berlin M8 Greyhound
9. also I believe the 7.5cm Pak 40 or the 5cm PAK38 is missing

These "missing" vehicles are at the Richardson Motor Pool, some seem to be in CONEX containers.....

Fred Ropkeys vehicles are also at the Richardson Motor Pool currently...anyone have the story on what happened with these vehicles? Is the Army just cleaning out Fred Ropkeys museum or is this happening nationwide? Any thoughts?

#2: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:24 pm
    ----
AJ2,
Is that an M4A3(75) or an M4A3(76)HVSS (aka Easy Eight)?

Looks like I got the rest...

Neil

#3: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:02 pm
    ----
Neil, this is it, not the 75, its theEasy 8

#4: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:40 pm
    ----
Thanks for posting that. Looks like a good reason for a road trip now. Laughing

#5: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:55 pm
    ----
some more Knox pics, 56K people don't bother, too many pics

tanks at knox

#6: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:04 am
    ----
Nice pix, AJ....thanks!

#7: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:08 pm
    ----
ArmyJunk2, Have you ever thought of the name ArmyJunky?

#8: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:27 pm
    ----
why?

#9: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:21 am
    ----
I thought you might be one Wink

#10: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 am
    ----
why mark i don't get the joke? color me dumb

#11: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:16 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
why mark i don't get the joke? color me dumb

AJ, I believe Mark is suggesting that you are apparently addicted to "Army junk", as in "junkie", like used this way:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkie *

I'm sure he means no foul by it, knowing Mark.

*"The word junkie (or junky) was initially used to describe a heroin addict, “junk“ being a slang term for heroin. However, as the term gained currency, enthusiasts in any specific area began to call themselves “junkies“, as in the phrases “science fiction junkie“ or “political junkie“. Wink

#12: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:58 am
    ----
I think ArmyJunky would fit everyone here!!

#13: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:51 pm
    ----
This is my old EBAY name, I sold a lot of army junk there a couple years ago......Field gear, packs, belts, canteens that sort of "junk"

#14: Re: Yesterday I went to the Patton Museum. Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:31 pm
    ----
I will be going to the Patton Museum on Tuesday, can I do anything for anyone?? Make it not to hard.....

-> AFV News Discussion Board