AeroCommander
-> FSX

#1: AeroCommander Author: Windrider PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:26 am
    ----
I was womdering if the AeroCommander aircraft for FSX in the downloads section are compatible with SP2/Acceleration. I certainly hope so as the FS9 aircraft type have been greatly missed by me.

Csn anyone fill me in?

John G

#2: Re: AeroCommander Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:34 am
    ----
*Moved to the FSX forum... Smile *

Hi Windrider and welcome to Com Central!

I'm not sure about that. Someone here has tried it I'm sure and if not, I will and let you know. If it's not, we'll take a look into that... Wink

#3: Re: AeroCommander Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:49 am
    ----
As far as I know is that JG300_Stoopy has made updates to make the "AeroCommander" compatible for fsX and also that he has addressed the "prop textures" with SP2/Acceleration"

#4: Re: AeroCommander Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:01 am
    ----
It's true. There's am update for it there so the prop textures won't be silver discs in SP2. We thought ahead on that one for ya, windrider, so download and enjoy! Wink

Welcome to CC by the way

#5: Re: AeroCommander Author: Windrider PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:32 am
    ----
Many thanks for that.

John

#6: Re: AeroCommander Author: Windrider PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:21 am
    ----
Well I downloaded the file and it unpacked into FSX okay, except that the prop discs are solid silver discs that also have that wiered effect with the sky. Where do I find a patch?

Regards,

John Neutral

#7: Re: AeroCommander Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:27 pm
    ----
It's in FSX downloads section under "Utilities"....kinda strange I know but it made sense at the time...

If you're logged in try this link:

com-central.net/index....ils&id=313

Lemme know if that works for ya, ok?

#8: Re: AeroCommander Author: maxc PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:40 pm
    ----
seems to be fine except ac500 with cockpit view the glass has spots on sidess, also missing 4 gauges it looks like

#9: Re: AeroCommander Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:47 am
    ----
Thanks maxc, and nice to meet you.

I've got a couple of emails and PM's lately so please let me try to explain where I'm at with this...

Per the readme and FSX package instructions, I didn't create the Aero Commanders nor would I ever want to detract from Milton Shupe & Co's fine work. So, I'm doing what I can with what's there, as it was designed for FS9.

And right now, as Fall winds down and I'll be indoors more often, I do aim to take a look at a couple of the aircraft in the whole collection that still have prop texture issues and possibly see if the missing gauges can be addressed, I have some tools that I didn't break out when working on that update package the last time, that should help.

The texture problems were caused by the SP2 update for FSX and I did document the process required for correcting both prop and VC window texture transparencies. That information made it to Phil Taylor's blog if you'd like to search for it. A tip of the hat to Mr. Taylor for publishing that....and sad that I read he's departing ACES.

Meanwhile I have been off on a kind of sabbatical myself for mental and physical leave ever since the Spring of this year - I haven't flight simmed or spent much time on front of the computer at all. Have to say it's been kinda nice, but it does mean my skill sets may have atrophied a little bit and I'm just not in the proper mindset to jump right back in and immediately tackle an update project right now with the attention to detail it would require. I'd likely rush it and risk another mistake, and that's not my style, nor something worth your time to download. That being said I do plan to address this....when the frost is on the pumpkin, so to speak.

Good news is I've dropped an extra 25 pounds that was annoying me and can 50 pushups a night once again. A little balance and health is nice to have back again so I appreciate the patience on this. Smile

#10: Re: AeroCommander Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:33 am
    ----
Hey Stoopy,
Good to hear from you! You have been greatly missed around these parts. That is good news that you are getting body and soul back in order. Keep up the good work!

#11: Re: AeroCommander Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:45 am
    ----
Ditto...

#12: Re: AeroCommander Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:48 am
    ----
Thanks Gents..... Wink

-> FSX