Lingle Custom (M114)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Lingle Custom (M114) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:10 am
    ----
Well guys, here is the next custom project that we have been in the process of working on for some time now. As well as taking it to the component level, we are also performing some extensive modifications to enhance performance and capabilities of this machine Wink The first set of pics shows what it looked like when we got it, (the first two were taken at Knob Creek) up until we disassembled and cut the parts off that we didn’t want in preparation for abrasive blasting. Also, we took the opportunity to remove the broken bolts, bad bearings and anything else we could find wrong with it.

#2: Re: Lingle Custom (M114) Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:55 am
    ----
Is that 'Goody's' M114? I wondered where it would end up, if that is his 'old' vehicle.

I recognize the Stuart in the Background of the 2nd shot.

Cool Stuff. Tear down that far is a real pain, but the final results are truely worth the extra work.

Thanks
Don

#3: Re: Lingle Custom (M114) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:54 am
    ----
I dont believe Goody ever owned this one. This machine is primarily a science project, and this is the kind of stuff we do for recreation Twisted Evil The guy that hired on when I started this company (James Kello) and my kids are doing most of the work on this machine, just like the last three we've worked on. Anyway, the first two pics are when we abrasive blasted the inside and outside to bare metal. And the rest are surface prep and epoxy priming. The last picture was take just prior to being sent out to Armor Liner in Roopville, GA for spray in bedliner install.

#4: Re: Lingle Custom (M114) Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:49 am
    ----
Damn,

What I could do with a facility like that. Still have an MG body I gotta blast and prime, just haven't got the place and no one locally to do it.

Very Nice,

Joe D

#5: Re: Lingle Custom (M114) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:52 am
    ----
Looks great! I was trying to read the bumper number. Confused

#6: Re: Lingle Custom (M114) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:12 am
    ----
Here are a few of the custom fabrications and alterations, along with powdercoated parts, and more that's about to be coated. Also I threw in a couple of engraving samples Smile

#7: Re: Lingle Custom (M114) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:42 pm
    ----
If anyone wants to see the rest of the project, I am posting it on the M2HB board. I dont want to waste your bandwidth. This link will take you right to it:
m2hb.net/m2phpBB/viewt...php?t=2109

-> AFV News Discussion Board