Microsoft warns of IE8 lock-in with XP SP3
-> Officer's Club

#1: Microsoft warns of IE8 lock-in with XP SP3 Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:28 am
    ----
Microsoft warns of IE8 lock-in with XP SP3

FYI,
XP SP3 users won't be able to uninstall either the service pack or Internet Explorer 8 under some circumstances

read al about it here

#2: Re: Microsoft warns of IE8 lock-in with XP SP3 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:00 am
    ----
Yeah, I remember that happened with SP2.
Dunno why they don't warn users before they force the install on them.
It's no wonder so many of their "customers" moan about them.

#3: Re: Microsoft warns of IE8 lock-in with XP SP3 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:29 am
    ----
- Shades
Yeah, I remember that happened with SP2.
Dunno why they don't warn users before they force the install on them.
It's no wonder so many of their "customers" moan about them.

ROFLMAO...

#4: Re: Microsoft warns of IE8 lock-in with XP SP3 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:21 am
    ----
All I can say is

Linux with Firefox

And there is a saying that I learned many years ago

There are only two 'industries' that call their customers

users

Computers and Drugs Shocked

#5: Re: Microsoft warns of IE8 lock-in with XP SP3 Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:13 pm
    ----
As most of you know, I start XP on Sunday's for the CC Sunday Flight and while I booting up Windows, I noticed the update icon flashing. I checked it and low and behold, MS wanted to install IE 8 BETA? What? MS is installing beta software now? HUH?

Well, I thought this would be a good a time as any to see what IE8 is all about and how CC renders it. Two words- Crappy and Crappy. While 8 looks like 7 which was sucky too but better than 6, it performs terrible at not only this site, but a few others I checked. At least 7 displayed everything in the correct spots, but not 8. I would suggest NOT letting MS install BETA software on your machine. Wink

#6: Re: Microsoft warns of IE8 lock-in with XP SP3 Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:19 am
    ----
Yeah, I never beta.
Forcing a beta install is flippin' ridiculous.
It's called a beta coz it ain't finished and they're not sure if it'll screw up your system or not.
The 'beta' bit is a vendor's way of saying, "Hey, if you wanna test it and tell us what you think, we'd be more than interested to hear about any problems you find without paying for a professional tester. But don't blame us if it screws your 'puter!"

#7: Re: Microsoft warns of IE8 lock-in with XP SP3 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:08 am
    ----
A lot of folks feel that M$ production code is about as stable as most reliable companies Beta software. What does that say about M$ Beta software Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

-> Officer's Club