Museums with Axis equipment
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Museums with Axis equipment Author: MarcusWendel PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:32 am
    ----
Hello all,

I'm compiling information on museums with Axis WW2 equipment on my site, the Axis History Factbook, and I'd appreciate any help with additions (text or photos) or corrections to the material.

The museums section can be found at www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=56

Thanks.

/Marcus
[email protected]

#2: Re: Museums with Axis equipment Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:52 am
    ----
Hello Marcus, Welcome to Com-Central.

Might want to add Museum of Polish Military Technik - Fort IX Czerniakowski, Warsaw to the section under "tanks" for Poland. Don't have the exact address. Might be ul.Powsinska 13, but that's needs to be confirmed. Maybe member "Polar" will be along and advise.

Doug

#3: Re: Museums with Axis equipment Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:21 pm
    ----
Marcus,

You're welcome to add a link to my site, which lists all preserved German tanks:

www.preservedtanks.com

I've also done booklets on Italian and Japanese tanks, but they're not online currently.

Trevor

#4: Re: Museums with Axis equipment Author: MarcusWendel PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:09 am
    ----
Thanks Doug and Trevor.

/Marcus

#5: Re: Museums with Axis equipment Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:54 am
    ----
Musée de la poche de Royan

Musée de la poche de Royan

119 rue Samuel Champlain

17600 Le Gua

perso.wanadoo.fr/musee...dex02.html

(focuses on the German occupation, includes weapons, vehicles such as Open Blitz and Swimmwagen, uniforms (incl a Free Indian Legion tunic) etc)

Musée militaire 1939-1945

Musée militaire 1939-1945

Roscoff, France

__________________________________________________________________________________

Both of these museums are closed now and the collections were either sold to many collectors in an auction or transferred to another place.

P-O

#6: Re: Museums with Axis equipment Author: MarcusWendel PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:22 pm
    ----
Thanks for the update.

/Marcus

-> AFV News Discussion Board